Humanitas Services mission statement is:
Helping people to help themselves….thus changing our community for the future.
Humanitas Services is a Tasmanian based not for profit charitable institution providing affordable complex case medical care to the Tasmanian community. It is at the forefront of research into novel and innovative ways to tackle the complex problems associated with drug dependence.
Humanitas Services was formed in 1992 with the aim to:
1. Provide services to assist disadvantaged people with their complex medical problems.
2. Support that group of individuals who find themselves with the desire to reclaim their lives but lack the resources or direction to achieve it.
The programs that have been developed have been structured in such a way as to limit dependence on direct government funding to ensure their integrity, success, independence and ability to continue beyond the current political cycle as this project has a long-term aim to deeply entrench change within the Australian community.
Humanitas Services currently has programs that:
1. Provide long-term counselling, medical services and access to medicated/non-medicated maintenance programs for people suffering from drug dependence.
2. Provide long consultation services for complex case medicine.
3. Provide innovative research helping to devise novel psychological approaches to complex problems associated with drug dependence.
4. Currently developing technology suitable to be used in remote dosing of drug dependant patients.
5. Currently providing educational seminars to various community groups on the topics of Addiction, Drugs, Alcohol, and behaviours that are driven by emotions. These can include: understanding Anger, Guilt, Fear, Bullying, Loss and we are able to talk on any of the emotions and the associated behaviours.
There are six divisions of Humanitas Services:
1. General Practice Division – Closed June 2022
2. Research and Development Division – Research for remote dosing of medication throughout Australia.
3. Marketing, Fundraising & Volunteers Division
4. Administration Division –
5. Wellness Centre Division – Healing and Wellness Centre – this is with the aim to build an entire healing centre for patients and the community to be able to acquire treatment and education that is needed.
6. Education – Individual, Community and Corporate Education