Helping people to help themselves….
thus changing our community for the future.
What is Humanitas?
Humanitas Trust is an Australian based not for profit charitable institution providing affordable complex case medical care to the Australian community. It is at the forefront of research into novel and innovative ways to tackle the complex problems associated with drug dependence. It was formed in 1992 with the aim to:
- Provide services to assist disadvantaged people with their complex medical problems.
- Support that group of individuals who find themselves with the desire to reclaim their lives but lack the resources or direction to achieve it.
The programs that have been developed have been structured in such a way as to limit dependence on direct government funding to ensure their integrity, success, independence and ability to continue beyond the current political cycle as this project has a long-term aim to deeply entrench change within the Australian community. Humanitas Trust currently has programs that:
- Provide long-term counselling, medical services and access to medicated/non-medicated maintenance programs for people suffering from drug dependence.
- Provide long consultation services for complex case medicine.
- Provide innovative research helping to devise novel psychological approaches to complex problems associated with drug dependence.
- Currently developing technology suitable to be used in remote dosing of drug dependant patients.